+ What does CRIC stand for?

Cache Refugee and Immigrant Connection

+ Where does your funding come from?

Apart from a few project grants for specific programs, all of CRIC's funding comes from contributions of local individuals, their families, and businesses. Since we are not a resettlement agency, we receive no financial support from the state or federal government levels. We exist because of the generosity of people here in the valley who believe in our mission.

+ Where do refugees & immmigrants in Cache Valley come from?

Refugees and immigrants that we work with come from all around the world; countries like Burma, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guatemala, Philippines, Thailand, Iraq, Kenya, Haiti, Syria, and Cote D'Ivoire.

+ What brings refugees to Logan?

At the end of a long United Nations resettlement process, refugees may be assigned to come to the US. Various agencies and nonprofits work together to decide which resettlement city that a family or individual should go to. Salt Lake is the closest resettlement city to Logan. Many of the families with whom we work first arrived in Salt Lake, Denver, San Diego, or Boise, and started learning about their new country. They then moved to Logan for employment opportunities or to be closer to family.

+ What kind of support do refugees receive when they arrive in the US?

This support is different in every state. Refugee resettlement agencies match a caseworker with families and individuals when they arrive. The caseworker helps line up housing, schooling, and employment for adults. In Utah, refugees can access a caseworker for up to 2 years if needed. Currently, resettlement agencies don't extend services or caseworkers into Cache Valley.

+ Do you help people who are in the US illegally?

We connect anyone who comes to CRIC to the resources they might need. We value our partnerships with service providers, and look forward to collaborating with others in the future.

+ What kind of donations do you take?

We are currently not accepting in-kind donations. We have a wonderful partnership with Deseret Industries here in Logan that allows us to give refugee and immmigrant families vouchers that they can then take to the DI and get their needs. We do have an Amazon Registry, that includes some essentials we do take as in-kind donations.

+What are monetary donations used for?

All monetary donations that are made to CRIC are used to support our many programs such as drivers license course materials, community garden supplies, & citizenship exam study guides. Monetary Donations also go towards our office fees and supplies so that we may keep our doors open for those who need help.

+ Do you have translators on your staff?

We do not employ translators, as they can be very expensive, however, our staff members speak French, Spanish and Tagalog. They are always happy to speak these languages with native speakers. For languages we do not speak, we have amazing refugees who speak English to help us translate.

+ Where can I park if I come to your office?

We have a small parking lot located behind our building. Turn into the driveway that is just south of our main door (sandwiched between us & Harley Davidson).

+ Are you a 501(c)(3) non-profit?

Yes, we received nonprofit status on January 27, 2015.

+ What other agencies in Cache Valley help refugees and immmigrants?

The English Language Center of Cache Valley is a leader in adult English education, and also teaches computer and citizenship classes. The Logan City School District and the Cache County School District provide English education for children in the public schools. Athletics United, a new nonprofit, organizes running practices for young refugee athletes. The United food and Commercial Workers Local 99 assists employees at the JB Swift beef plant.